Surrey Independent Living Council
Surrey Independent Living Council (SILC) is a non-profit-making voluntary sector organisation run by and for disabled people.
They are primarily funded by, and work in close partnership with, Surrey County Council.
SILC helps people with disabilities, and others who use or want to use Direct Payments, to live independently and to arrange the support and services they require.
Their free services provide support across three vital areas:
- Helping you decide whether Direct Payments are the right option for you
- Helping you organise, purchase and manage the support you need, if you decide to choose the Direct Payments route.
- Providing peer support so that you can talk to other people with experience of Direct Payments.
Their services are available to people who are interested in, or already receiving, Direct Payments in areas such as:
- Advice and support
- References & CRB checks
- Disabilty Living Allowance and the Independent Living Fund
- Financial monitoring
- Carers Direct Payment
- Peer support
- Presentations and training
SILC was also a partner in the Right to Control project. The Right to Control was a new legal right for disabled people, and was being piloted in seven Trailblazer areas across the UK of which parts of Surrey was one.
Their website is designed to help you find out more about them and the services they offer. It will also enable you to get in touch with them if you’d like to know more.
Surrey Independent Living Council contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org