Supported Volunteer Service
The Supported Volunteering Service works with people who wish to volunteer but may need some additional support to begin volunteering.
Would you like to make a difference in your community – make new friends, learn skills and help others?
Supported Volunteering Service assists people who want to volunteer but may need extra support to do so. If you are aged 18 or over and think you need extra support to start volunteering then we can help.
You may need extra support because you have:
- physical disabilities
- mental health needs
- learning disabilities
- sensory impairments
- lack of confidence
- caring responsibilities
- Ex-service personnel.
Some of the things they can support you with include:
- deciding what type of activity you would like to do and finding the right opportunity
- completing application forms and contacting organisations on your behalf
- helping you get to your first meeting, interview or volunteering opportunity
- helping you to get adaptations or equipment that might help you volunteer
- learning your role and gaining the confidence to volunteer on your own
- understanding your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer.
They provide on going advice and support to all our volunteers so that you enjoy your volunteering role.
For more information, contact the Volunteer Co-ordinators on 01484 414774 or firstname.lastname@example.org